Remote PD Workshop Series with TEC Center
The Technology in Early Childhood Center at Erikson Institute is excited to share that we will be continuing our educator professional development offerings with a monthly two-part professional development series. Each month, the topics of the two-part series will change.
The goal of these workshops is to introduce educators to the most up-to-date research and practices regarding developmentally-appropriate use of technology with young children in the context of remote learning. These workshops will explore important ways technology can be used during early childhood to support learning and positive development, as well as highlight key concerns regarding early childhood technology use. These series are developed specifically for educators working with children between the ages of 2 – 8. Scroll down to view upcoming dates and topics.
- Part 1: The “S” in STEM: Science Activities for Remote Learning
Monday, October 19th, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm CST*
Participants will explore what STEM education should look like for young children. In this session, participants will learn about the latest data on science education in early childhood. Participants will collaborate and discuss ways to integrate science into other content areas, such as literacy and math. Utilizing best practices for children’s technology use, participants will walk away with ideas for supporting science learning remotely.
- Part 2: Media Literacy in Early Childhood Education
Wednesday, October 21st, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm CST*
Participants will explore the importance of media literacy education in early childhood. In this session, participants will learn the latest data on children’s media use and comprehension in early childhood. Participants will develop an awareness of inequities related to media including media access, engagement, and representation. Attendees will walk away with developmentally appropriate activities and tips that support children’s media literacy skills.
- Price: $75 per session
- Size: Session will be capped at 30 participants to ensure opportunity for interaction and conversation.
- Credit: Each attendee will receive a Completion Certificate awarding 2 PD Credit hours per session.
- *Joining Asynchronously: If you are unable to join at the time of the webinar, please choose the asynchronous option during registration. You will be given the recording of the webinar and instructions for participating in order to receive credit. The asynchronous workshop will be limited in the number of attendees. Spots will be on a first come first serve basis.
*All workshops are tentatively 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm CST
January PD Series:
Monday, January 25th | Strengthening Caregiver Engagement and Education
Wednesday, January 27th | Technology & Social Emotional Learning
Can I join the webinars via phone?
You may. However, please notify Jenna Herdzina at firstname.lastname@example.org that you joined via phone, along with the phone number you used.
Will you be sharing a recording of the webinars?
We will be sending a recording of the webinars to those who register after the event.
Will you be sharing powerpoint slides and handouts?
We will be sharing powerpoint slides and handouts to those who register.