TEC Center Events
- This event has passed.
Big Ideas in Early Learning 2019
July 16, 2019 - July 19, 2019
Big Ideas in Early Learning offers a one-of-a-kind experience, drawing together various disciplines in the field of early childhood education. Over four days, you will take part in intensive exploration with Erikson Institute experts, and each day, you will be introduced to a different Big Idea, a cross-cutting concept that will be woven into each track. Together we’ll delve deep into:
- Language and Literacy (PreK and K)
- Math (1st and 2nd Grade)
- Social emotional learning
- Collaborative Relationships
Each day, participants will gather in interdisciplinary groups to explore the connections between their discoveries for making classrooms more meaningful for young children and their teachers.
July 16 – 19, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day
When participants register, they will choose one learning track. They will meet with this track each day of the event.
Connect the big ideas in science, engineering, and math with innovative approaches to technology in early childhood. In this track, led by Erikson’s Technology in Early Childhood (TEC) Center, you will develop research-based techniques to use screen- and non-screen-based technology tools to help children investigate and explore the world around them.
- Learn how to create meaningful play and lesson plans through hands-on experiences and from STEM experts.
- Acquire skills and knowledge rooted in best practices that are included in the Early Childhood STEM Working Group’s 2017 report, Early STEM Matters: Providing High-Quality STEM Experiences for All Young Learners, and the 2012 NAEYC/Fred Rogers Center joint position statement on Technology and Interactive Media as Tools in Early Childhood Programs.