Contract Position open at the TEC Center at Erikson Institute
The Technology in Early Childhood (TEC) Center at Erikson Institute is looking for a Professional Development Specialist for the 2016-17 school year
The Technology in Early Childhood (TEC) Center at Erikson Institute has a unique opportunity for an outstanding early childhood educator and technology integration expert to work with our team. We are seeking to contract an educator who is curious, passionate about play, and uses technology as a tool with young children to help them investigate, communicate, problem-solve and create. This opportunity will be paid on a contractual basis.
The professional development specialist will teach four in-person workshops with our team and manage two online Personal Learning Community (PLC) during the 2016-17 school year. The Online PLC facilitation and management can be done remotely and will begin August 11, 2016 and be completed on April 28, 2017.
The successful applicant will have:
- knowledge of child development theory and early learning practices (ages 0-8)
- proven success in developing and delivering professional development to preschool and K-2nd-grade teachers.
- previous experience delivering hands-on workshops on tech integration in early childhood and K-2 setting
- experience using technology in play-based environments to help children communicate, collaborate, critically think, and create
- competence with interactive whiteboards, robotics, tangible tech, and knowledge of tech tools for literacy, digital storytelling, early coding, science and math
- expertise in developing tech integrated play and lesson plans
- experience teaching and using SAMR model
All of the workshops will be taught at Erikson Institute in Chicago. Online facilitation can be done remotely. Your transportation and prep time are included in the fee. Parking near Erikson Institute will be provided.
Must be available on these dates and times to present at Erikson Institute in Chicago
- Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016, 4:00 pm-7:30 pm, on Foundations and 4cs
- Thursday, Jan. 12, 2017, 4:00 pm-7:30 pm on Foundations: Designing, Learning, and Playing
- Friday, Feb. 10, 2017, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm on 21st Century Teacher Toolkit: Literature and Storytelling
- Thursday, Mar 09, 2017, 4:30 pm -7:30 pm on 21st Century Teacher Toolkit: STEM Learning with Math Emphasis
Interested in applying?
- please fill out this form: http://bit.ly/28UPTsp by July 8, 2016.
- the interview process will include giving a 10-15 minute in-person presentation on early childhood and technology.
- compensation will be determined based on knowledge, skills and experience
Contact Tamara Kaldor, Assistant Director with your questions: TKaldor@Erikson.edu
- use Subject Line: TEC Center PD Specialist Questions
- please do not email your resume and cover letter
- use the online form to apply